New train numbering (448 kB)
New Timetable, new numbers
From Sunday 13 December the winter train timetable comes into effect. This year with one more novelty, a different numbering for the trains that run on the routes managed by RFI. In general, the new numbering system makes it possible to recognize the type of RegioExpress, Regional or Suburban service, the line number.
- The RE and Malpensa trains will have 4-digit numbering
- R trains will have 5-digit numbering (with first digit 1)
- S trains will have 5-digit numbering (with first digit 2)
For all train categories S, R, RE, where possible, the third to last digit has been chosen to remember the line number assigned by the Lombardy Region.
THE NUMBERING DOES NOT CHANGE
The lines departing from Milan Cadorna, the cross-border lines keep the same numbering as always:
- S10 Como – Chiasso
- Milano Centrale - Como - Rho – Chiasso
- Milano - Bellinzona S40
- Varese – Albate Milano - Gallarate – Luino
- Busto Arsizio - Mendrisio
Discover the new numbers, download the Pdf (in italian only).