Lago Maggiore Tour Special: on September 19th train + steamboat!
A unique sailing experience on Lake Maggiore: on Sunday September 19th, the Lake Maggiore Tour ticket also allows you to use the historic 1904 "Piedmont" boat, which runs from Arona to Stresa. “Piemonte” works with blade propulsion generated by the steam produced by the boilers; the interior furnishings are faithful to the original style, the large windows of the upper room and the wooden benches of the foredeck offer the opportunity to enjoy the wonderful views of Lake Maggiore in a belle époque style. A cocktail bar service is also available during the trip.
Lake Maggiore Tour
It is the special Trenord ticket that allows you to travel from any station in Lombardy to Arona, and then move on the boat to discover the naturalistic and cultural beauties of the lake. The navigation ends in Laveno, where it is possible to take the train back home. The special ticket is on sale online or in Trenord ticket offices for only € 25.40 (€ 14.30 for children up to 13 years). Click here for more information on the special ticket.
Hypothesis of the Lago Maggiore Tour Special itinerary:
- Train from Milano Centrale at 8.25 am, arriving in Arona at 9.19 am.
- Historic Piedmont boat from Arona at 10.30, arriving in Stresa at 11.35.
- From Stresa, it will be possible to stop or reach the Borromean Islands using the other scheduled services that also allow you to embark for Villa Taranto
- with the possibility of discounted admission to visit the park
- until you reach Intra.
- From Intra, there is a ferry, which runs approximately every half hour to Laveno.
- From Laveno, return by train.
For more information on boats